Temperatures may be dropping but our anticipation for the holiday season is on the rise! Changing foliage, holiday lights, and countless celebrations are underway and the team at Vista Tower does not want you to miss one second of the excitement. Our downtown luxury condominium in Lakeshore East is right in the heart of all the action, so the Vista Tower team rounded up our favorites for you to check out this season:
- Before we get too far ahead of ourselves, we can’t forget Chicago’s 42nd annual Turkey Trot on November 28. It’s not every day you can attend a pre-race tailgate just steps away from our downtown luxury properties. Sign up here.
- Immerse yourself in a traditional European-style market at Chicago’s annual Christkindlmarket where food, drinks and gifts are in abundance. Grab an elaborate ornament, German-style pretzel and be sure to pick up one of the iconic Boot Mugs, which haven’t been available since 2015. The market will kick off on November 14 and wrap on December 14.
- Spend your Saturday ice skating at Millennium Park’s McCormick Tribune Ice Skating Rink or Maggie Daley Skating Ribbon – both less than a mile from Vista Tower. November 15 through March 8, visitors can practice those axel and flip jumps under the lights of the city’s downtown skyscrapers and warm up with seasonal sippers and bites, available at both locations. Don’t have skates? Fear not, rentals are available for $13 – $15 per person.
- Looking for holiday decorating inspiration for your new home at Vista Tower? The Museum of Science and Industry has you covered with its upcoming exhibit, Christmas Around the World, which will showcase over 50 decorated trees and displays that were created to reflect authentic holiday traditions and styles from around the world. The exhibit will be on display from November 14 to January 5, tickets to the museum are available here.
- Head over to Lincoln Park Zoo for its 25th celebration of Zoolights held in partnership with ComEd. From November 29 to January 5 and for free admission, guests will be enveloped in a sea of lights – roughly 2.5 million to be exact – that cover the entire zoo. The zoo also brings in renowned ice sculptors, eye-catching displays and limited-time food and drink. Learn more about the popular Zoolights here.
In the spirit to attend one (or all) of these exciting festivities? Us too – come visit us at the Vista Sales Gallery to hear where our team will be headed. If you haven’t had a chance to visit the gallery, schedule a tour with us to experience our property’s luxury amenities, one-of-a-kind penthouses and more so you too can live by the action.